Links to products not working in the Cart

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by MrNibbles, Mar 26, 2016.

1. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    When they are a for-sale-but-not-public model from another designer. It looks like the key is not following along with the link. Maybe it's not supposed to?

This is a potential problem if once it's in your cart and you want to change the material selection. Since you can't change the material selection within the cart you need to dredge up the full address with the key again to order in a different material,

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  2. MrNibbles
    Somewhat related to above, there's another issue with viewing previously customized CustomMaker models. You can see them in the My Models listing but you can't view them from there. In fact the only thing you can do from the My Models list is to delete them. Clicking on the product link (from the photo) gives a sorry not found error.

It does appear that the only place from which you can view a customized model is from the order page when you purchased the model. If you click on the link from there you can take a circuitous route to eventually view the customized model via the edit, view model links in the upper right corner. Also if you want to order the previously customized model in a different color or material you can't do it unless you go through the complete CustomMaker process again.

How about segregating all customized CustomMaker products in a separate directory or folder with improved methods of viewing and re-ordering in different materials?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    So for 1, I'll report to see if that is something that can be fixed.

For 2, it's tricky. To make it so that people can't download and order without paying the shopowner their markup, or to reorder from their models and somehow linking that to the shop owner as well. Maybe bring that up in the customize section, if it's not already being discussed there.

4. MrNibbles
    for 2)... Before the recent changes I kept all CustomMaker personalized purchased products (from myself or other shops) grouped together at the end of my inventory list so they could easily be found and re-ordered. After all the inventory list is the only place where you can order and organize models in any meaningful way. The recent site changes have shot a hole in that method of organizing, which is why I'm recommending some kind of folder to be set up which would only hold the customized parts that have been ordered, or change things back so previously customized parts can be considered part of a store's inventory - even if they can't be sold from there. This is all just another example of changes causing new headaches.

I'm not talking about being able to download or resell someone else's customized model and taking their markup, just being able to re-order that time frozen model again in a different material or color, and being able to find it without needing to jump through too many hoops. A customized order does receive a new SPIN number so as long as the original designer remains active on the site they should receive their royalties for that SPIN as set when the customized part was first sold. Freezing the customized SPIN with one material or material color seems to be rather limiting for future sale opportunities, doesn't it? Why not open it up to all materials originally defined by the designer? If there is a rejection down the road for any new material selection there is already a mechanism that cancels future purchases in the offending material. Or maybe I'm not fully understanding how customized parts are being handled in all situations.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I see, I don't know :) If you post about it in the customize section, someone should be able to answer your questions.

6. MrNibbles
    Already added to the thread I started back in November regarding issues with customized models reordering, etc.