How do you sell hidden items?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by dloubet, Mar 22, 2016.

1. dloubet
    dloubet Member
    I've checkmarked Offer For Sale To Others and left Display To The Public unchecked because I want to sell to some specific people, and not the general public.

I assume this will allow me to send specific people a link that they can follow to the product I want them to buy. A product that is invisible to everyone else.

I tried sending a link to the hidden product's page, but that does not work. They cannot see or purchase the product.

What am I doing wrong? How do I sell to specifically invited people?

If I need to send a link, then what, EXACTLY, do I include in the link?

Many thanks!

--Denis

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  3. dloubet
    dloubet Member
    That's a very comprehensive answer, MrNibbles, thank you so much! :)

I will give that a try and see if it works.

I'll let you know!

--Denis

4. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    The hidden links are a hit or miss: sometimes it works, sometimes not. I sent someone a private link that worked one week ago. Today, I was contacted by this user saying that it could not access the model anymore. I tried, and yes, it didn't work. I had to set the model as public.

5. MrNibbles
    Things might be hit or miss right now with the model editing changes taking place. Probably best to be patient until they figure everything out.

6. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    I haven't seen this working reliably in the past either, I have usually had to make models public for customers to see them.

I haven't checked lately -- steering clear of Shapeways's site for the present, as it sounds like everything is comprehensively broken. Certainly not a good time to make whatever 1000 updates they want me to make to the categories.

7. MrNibbles
    Where's your sense of adventure? ;)

8. dloubet
    dloubet Member
    That did, in fact, work! (At least in this instance.)

Thank you MrNibbles! :)

--Denis

9. TGAW
    TGAW Member
    And a belated thanks for this thread. I found it helpful this morning. Thanks!!!!

dloubet likes this.