Site Broken on Mozilla Firefox 45.0

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by kharstin, Mar 9, 2016.

1. kharstin
    kharstin Member
    Here is what it looks like on both my work Windows 7 and my home Windows 8.1 machine. One moment it was fine and now it is stuck on the attached. No matter how I enter or what I click on I get exactly the same screen.

Attached Files:

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Ohoh, that doesn't look right!

I've reported this right away to our development team.
    Are you having the same issues on other browsers? (Chrome/IE)

I'll get back to you as soon as I've got more information.
    Mitchell

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Looks like it cannot load the style sheet or run the javascript code for the site. (I do wonder what the red "Disabled" next to the search box in your screenshot is for - any browser add-in that got broken by the ff45 update perhaps ? IOW do you normally use some adblocker, noscript or similar ?)

4. kharstin
    kharstin Member
    Hi,

So I have Privacy Badger, and Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on. Shockwave Flash always needs to be manually enabled, apparently because mine is out of date. The site seems to ask when it needs it and Shapeways does not ask.

Under tracking I have "Request that sites not track you" and "Use Tracking Protection in Private Windows".

I have "Block pop-up windows" on as well.

Best,

Ken Harstine

5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Flash is definitely not needed. Does it always get stuck at 80% like that, even if you reload the page ?

6. kharstin
    kharstin Member
    Yeah it looks the same regardless of reloading or refreshing the page.

7. kharstin
    kharstin Member
    It appears the Privacy Badger did not like the sw-cdn.net links on the site and the failure to allow them to function prevented the site from loading. There are 10 things they don't like. Most of them do not seem to hamper site usage. Seems like Shapeways might want to work with the EFC (providers of Privacy Badger) to get the Shapeways site to be more friendly to those of us who like a modicum or privacy.

I have only been using Privacy Badger for the past month and this is the first site where problems occurred.

This is being composed in Firefox now :|

Best,

Ken Harstine