Twenty snowflakes that intertwine...and light up!

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by berubewood, Mar 1, 2016.

1. berubewood
    berubewood Active Member
    ES-light1.jpg

I would love it if you could feature my Entangled Snowflakes Models! The design started when it occurred to me that I could put snowflakes in the hexagons of a truncated icosahedron (which I did). Then I realized how amazing it would be if I pushed all the snowflakes towards the center and I could figure out how to design them so they would weave through each other. After much experimenting with SketchUp, Entangled Snowflakes was born!

It took a lot of tweaking to be able to scale it down enough to make it affordable, but finally I managed. After getting it printed and holding it in my hands, I realized I could make a hole in it that would let me put an LED tealight inside...and reduce the price by $35! I was even more pleased when I went to buy tealights online and discovered that they make color changing ones!

I only just made the models available for sale two days ago. I wanted to have a video to put up with it and have my shop looking good before I shared it with the world. I never made a video before, but it came out really well! The full version can be found here, and the light version is here. The youtube video is here!

Thank you for your consideration!
    ~Sarah Berube

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  2. berubewood
    berubewood Active Member
    Just wanted to let you know that this piece is going to be on exhibit at the Bridges Conference this summer! You can see my page in their online gallery here.

ES-light3.jpg