V4 engine block ring

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Leander, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Leander
    Leander Member
    Hello everyone,

after a long time, I finally added a product that was waiting. I got around finishing a ring, that shows a V4 engine. The engine block has cylindrical chambers for the pistons as well as assembly holes that go all the way through the model. A water cooling is also represented along with its connector pipes and a lot of flanges here and there.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SXKJ8XFAX/v4-engine-block- ring-19mm

The link to my site: engineers-jewelry.de

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoy it,

regards
    Leander

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Armstrong3D
    Armstrong3D Active Member
    Absolutely awesome ring!
    Just curious is this Raw Silver? Since it looks polished and on the purchase page raw silver is still in first to try.

3. Leander
    Leander Member
    Hello Armstrong 3D,

it is raw silver. The flat faces of parts produced in raw silver are sometimes slightly shinier. Maybe that is due to the wachs model in these areas. But all in all and especially inside the cylindrical bores you can see the roughness of the surface. I decided not to have it polished to keep the small details and also because engine blocks are cast parts.
    The reason why it is still first to try is because I changed minor things after ordering the test piece from the pictures. Such as the thickness of the actual ring band. So far I didn't want to order a new one and just photographed the one I have.
    I kind of cheated. Also mind that these rings are available in different sizes, but I am not ordering a testpiece of every size. I scale them in a way where the wall thicknesses aren't changed and if they are, to the larger. So when looking at rings you will often find "first to try" for other sizes.

Regards
    Leander