Organic "malleable" Inspired Rings

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by V_Master, Jan 27, 2016.

1. V_Master
    V_Master Active Member
    I've been working on very organic looking rings lately to better suit my name (hehe) and I wanted to share what I've come up with
    They are all printable (well according to the auto checks) which is fantastic since I was pretty nervous about a few of them and they're all in my store if your interested in seeing any of the models in the 3d viewer

e2.jpg
    e3.jpg
    e1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  2. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    These are trippy! I applaud your loose hand & organic explorations. Some of my work is a little gooey too. Cheers, -S

3. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    Don't you wish there were some kind of flexy 3D printed silicone-like material to manufacture these designs in?

4. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Hey Gummy,

thanks for sharing these with us, I have to say I've never seen anything quite like this. These are cool in a David Cronenburg type of way, the organic feel is unsettling but sort of irresistible.

I see that you've got the renders to look gooey and pink, do you think you'll find a way to post-process the prints to look similar?

5. V_Master
    V_Master Active Member
    That's an awesome compliment thank you!!! I've never thought of my rings that way but I really like that!! :D

and I've experimented with nail polishes and got some things similar to the look but they have a very strong odor haha
    This is an older ring I've printed in The White Plastic but painted with red nail polish
    It took 2-3 layers since the material is so porous but I'm happy with the result
    IMG_4744.JPG

I'm thinking once I have the funds to print one in Silver and try a Gloss Pink Powder coat (or a flesh tone which would be really interesting if I can find one) to see if that would give a similar look without the nail polish odor

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016