Average Cost

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 1024432_deleted, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Hey, I'm new here. Just wondering if I were to order a prototype how much the average cost would be. The object would use about 1 cubic inch of what ever I can use.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    All the materials are priced by material used, some also charge for machine space (a bubble around your model of space that can't be used to place other models). So upload your model, and you'll get a quote in all available materials. But for 1 cubic inch, I've uploaded this model http://shpws.me/L8el So that will show you the cost of that much material, in all available to sell materials. Plus or minus some for machine space in the strong and flexible materials.

3. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    With 18 kt gold (and platinum) throwing the curve I don't think you want that metric. Expect prices from $3 - $24 for an approximate 1" cubed with the higher prices being metals and cast & polished items. Why estimate, upload your model and get a price in every finish. -S

EDIT: Looks like I got my azz kicked! LOL If I order that solid gold inch can you guarantee accuracy to plus or minus 3 millionths? I need to suspend a by product in plasma and the tolerances are a bitch. ;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Well the accuracy listed for cast metals is ± 0.125 mm. So I can only say within about 49 millions