Home » Community » It arrived! » My Earth Defence Fleet
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
My Earth Defence Fleet [message #16307] Wed, 18 August 2010 05:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar Gosric  is currently offline Gosric
Go to my shop
Finally after all sorts of issues trying to get the walls and guns to print my Earth Fleet arrived,(Edited to add somewhat better pics), Along with the space pirate battleship Lorelei...It took forever to get it right but now i have the 'formula' (i sound like a mad scientist *L*) The triple turrets each have individual barrels,and the bridge has the correct windows etc which, along with hull thickness, were the main details responsible for all my remodelling. Persistence pays.. (and on that note i would like to thank the people who ordered ships from me and continued to do so even after they wouldnt print at first)
(coming up, fighters, a frigate, torpedo bomber and some adversaries)

index.php?t=getfile&id=4610&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=4611&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=4612&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=4613&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 20 August 2010 00:45 UTC]

Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #16365 is a reply to message #16307 ] Wed, 18 August 2010 20:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
That looks beautiful. How big is it, and what material did you print it in?

Andy
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #16370 is a reply to message #16365 ] Wed, 18 August 2010 21:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you, It is little over 5 and a half inches, it is designed to be used with the Space Cruiser Yamato Cosmo Fleet collection series from Japan (Starblazers ships etc) and It is the white strong and flexible material..
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17146 is a reply to message #16370 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 15:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Nane  is currently offline Nane
Go to all my models
Gosric wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 21:42

Thank you, It is little over 5 and a half inches, it is designed to be used with the Space Cruiser Yamato Cosmo Fleet collection series from Japan (Starblazers ships etc) and It is the white strong and flexible material..

I was just going to say it reminded me of Space Cruiser Yamato. Very fun. Definitely some retro love on these forums.

Gosric wrote on Wed, 18 August 2010 05:34

Finally after all sorts of issues trying to get the walls and guns to print my Earth Fleet arrived,(Edited to add somewhat better pics), Along with the space pirate battleship Lorelei...It took forever to get it right but now i have the 'formula' (i sound like a mad scientist *L*)

Yeah it's very rewarding to get past those errors. I finally got past the "manifold" and sizing issues with some test uploads. Were your issues due to minimum wall thickness concerning the size of your pieces?

[Updated on: Thu, 02 September 2010 15:22 UTC]

Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17148 is a reply to message #17146 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 17:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yes it was, that and i was originally insetting the gun barrels before i realized that it wasn't needed on this scale and made the tips too thin
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17149 is a reply to message #16307 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 17:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I see. I keep trying to upload this miniature base by itself to check the dimensions but I keep getting the "wall thickness error". It is definitely thicker than a millimeter so it should be printable in some materials. I've read some people on here attach a sprue for small parts which helps get by that. All good!
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17150 is a reply to message #16307 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 17:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
You shouldn't be getting a thickness error, you should be getting a build volume area error.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17155 is a reply to message #16307 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 20:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
You are correct sir,

Quote:

We're sorry, but there was a problem with processing your product called 'Test Base for exact sizing'. It didn't pass all the checks that we run to make sure a product is printable. Here's the error message:

Based upon the size, volume and wallthickness of your product there is no printer available which is able to print your product. Please adjust the volume and/or size of your product.

I guess I just zoned in on "wallthickness". So does that mean the part is just too small by itself?
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17160 is a reply to message #16307 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 22:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Drawn-SteelHero  is currently offline Drawn-SteelHero
Go to my shop
Possibly. What are the dimensions?

Andy
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17161 is a reply to message #16307 ] Thu, 02 September 2010 22:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
it was mostly manifold isues with me, but the inset guns were the cause of the wall thickness problems
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17170 is a reply to message #17160 ] Fri, 03 September 2010 00:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Drawn-Steel Hero wrote on Thu, 02 September 2010 22:02

Possibly. What are the dimensions?

Andy

I wish I knew! I don't have any program to tell me. I just scaled it next to a figure that I uploaded and Shapeways said the figure was 21mm. I'm guessing the base I am trying to upload is 2mm thick x10x15mm wide. No biggie though, the only reason I tried to upload the base is to know how big it is!
Re: My Earth Defence Fleet [message #17309 is a reply to message #17170 ] Mon, 06 September 2010 03:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar berky93  is currently offline berky93
Go to my shop
When I think of Lorelei, my head turns all around.
As gentle as a butterfly, she moves without a sound...

...sorry, stuck in my head now. Those are very nice ships.

Previous Topic:Today is the Day of the Tentacle !
Next Topic:Variations on a Theme

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.