HOW TO LOCATE A DESIGNER FROM THIS WEBSITE AS A BUYER - HELP

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 897429_deleted, Aug 28, 2015.

1. is there an easy way for me to post a 'hire' job on your website whereas I can post what I'm needing done, instructions and some sketches and let the people on the website under 'connect' find me instead of me trying to contact tons of designers as I wouldn't really know who to post? It seems designers would be always search the 'want ads' on your website instead of the other way around since they are the expert and not me - they also know your website much better than someone who just joined today and found your website on google search -

Also, does someone (a designer freelancer on here) make the design digitally then it gets printed in 3D form? Who does the physical printing, this website? thanks everyone for the help

2. 557350_deleted
    557350_deleted Active Member
    Hello I am a designer for hire available by email at cadezine1@gmail.com feel free to email about any designs you need modeled.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    You actually did the right thing (except for the all-caps title<grin>).. you posted your request here in the "Modeler Needed" category.
    There are a good number of designers that pay close attention to this category, and they will send you a private message with their offer. You should expect to get offers over several days.. it doesn't happen in minutes.

It's a good idea to post a general picture of the object (unless it's a private item), as well indicating the general size of the object you want to print.
    When you get down to making a deal with a designer, you will need to indicate what materials you want it designed in, etc, as the design rules vary with the material, etc. Depending on the complexity / simplicity of an item, some people here might even offer up some free work from time to time.

The "Modeler for Hire" section is for designers to show off their skills and indicate that they are available. If you find someone there that you like, you can most certainly send them a PM and ask if they are interested in your job.

Just remember that Shapeways does not endorse any designer (nor patron). You'll need to work your own legal issues outside of this forum if the two of you can't come to terms.

====
    Once the designer sends you the file, you can upload it here on the site, and then click "Purchase" and Shapeways will print it, place it in a box and send it to you. (that is an over-simplification, but you get the idea)

4. thanks for the help - this has got to be one of the coolest ideas I've seen in a while