Hire a Designer

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Armstrong3D, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Armstrong3D
    Armstrong3D Active Member
    Does anyone know if it is possible to edit your listing on the Hire a Designer page?

It seems that I am attracting the wrong clientele this my current availability and would like to change my specialty, etc.
    Yes, I've contacted SW support a few months back and still haven't heard anything.

Thanks!

2. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Let's create a hypothetical situation.

Imagine a place where we built hire a designer into the software offering by the community...

Tell me your thoughts :)

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Christopher, you would have to create some legal framework where Shapeways has some form of indemnity.
    - Patrons and designers that both walk away happy - no problem
    - Patrons who change the specs constantly against a fixed price agreement - problem
    - Designers who don't deliver against prepayments - problem

I realize that "bad actors" will likely participate in only a small portion of the transactions, but you can't afford for Shapeways to take a financial/legal hit because they "supported/promoted" one side or the other.

The worst possible situation would be where Shapeways inserts themselves into the financial transaction... accepting an escrow payment against a promise for work from a designer. Don't do it!!

4. Armstrong3D
    Armstrong3D Active Member
    Christopher, not really sure where you were going there...

But I'm guessing the simple answer to my question is no?

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    What Christopher is talking about, is having your profile be in your settings, so that you can edit it like your other settings.

6. NimlothCQ
    NimlothCQ Well-Known Member
    Well, what I was trying to do was to see if I could inspire some thoughts without being too explicit on tactical implementations :)

Not exactly. We've been talking about how we can make the designer for hire experience something better, more easy to use and manage, and a more powerful tool for designers to make use of.

The specific answer to your question though is that we put this thread on the community team's radar, and they should be able to help you directly :)

7. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    PM me and I can try to change it.