Photos not staying in order

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 738487_deleted, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Hey! Thanks in advance... this is my first model that I've uploaded to my shop (I've printed 2 others), and this is also my first forum question.

Yesterday I uploaded my "Honey Comb Die" to my shop and created the renders and also uploaded a couple pictures. Then I went to arrange the photos, putting my pictures at the top and arranging the Shapeways made renders in order of price. I also added comments to a couple of the pictures and renders. I then hit the red "Save" button at the bottom of the screen. It then deleted all of the renders from the list and started to re-render them, with the "render" button saying "loading". It also wouldn't show up as it was rendering, I'd have to click on the view product button and check the progress of the renderings. When the renderings finished again, they were back out of order, and the comments were gone, like everything was reset. I've had to rearrange them and go through the same process, several times, just to keep going in a loop. I've tried arranging them and directly clicking on the "view product" button but that just resets the picture's order also. I haven't found a way around the bug, and would love some help! Otherwise, Shapeways has been great, and the site is generally easy to use. This has been the only problem I've faced and it is a pretty big one.

The first pic on this post is the default order it goes to, the second is the order that I want, and the third is what is looks like after I hit save.

And also, I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.1, but am facing the same problem using Safari on Mac, and also on my iPhone.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. I am having the same problem and it's SO annoying. If I set up "Matte Gold Steel" as default material, isn't it common sense that I'll want "Matte Gold Steel" as default image, too? Instead I can't convince the damn Matte Golds to stay on top, and random stuff takes the no. 1 spot. Argh!

3. panguver
    panguver Well-Known Member
    You can have several images for default material, include SW render + several your own pictures. If default material presented as your uploaded image, it will shows as main picture of model in shop. If not, default material will main. So upload your own picture for default material and it will main picture.

PS. You want see all pics for default material together automatically? Great idea!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  4. Yup, I know that's how it's supposed to work... But it's not working on the site. Or well, not for me, at least. I've spent several hours today, trying to convince the "Details" page to leave one of my uploaded images as the top, "Default" image... But instead of doing that, it kept putting OTHER options on top... After a few thousand refreshes and re-numberings, I finally managed to convince the site to keep ONE uploaded image on top for each of my three uploaded pendants... gave up on the other two images (I saved three SW renders for each pendant, for different views) and the rest of the materials options and just left them random; as the site "arranged" them. I'm too afraid to try and fix the order for the others - it'll surely just make the site re-render everything again and then re-screw up my order - I'm surely gonna lose the "default" image as well. At least now they all look "okay" on my shop page, even if everything else is random :)).

Oh and the "photos" I uploaded are actually SW renders.. I thought it'd be easier to trick the site into keeping PHOTOS on top... But nope. Not working for me. For some reason it keeps pushing other stuff like "14k Rose Gold Pleated" on top. To my complete despair.

5. I finally got SW to at least show my photo that I took as the default, but the order of the pictures in the carousel is still way out of order. I've pretty much just given up and accepted that it's not gonna happen. It looks pretty good having my photo come up first at least, but that's about all I can do.

From reading the other forums I've found that this isn't uncommon, and that a lot of people are having the same problem, or at least a variation of it. For now it is what it is and we can only wait until Shapeways fixes it.

(And @AbsoluteGeekery ur Harry Potter stuff is really awesome!)

6. Thank you very much Cameron, it makes me super happy to hear that people like them :)

And yes... Now that we have our "Store" images as default, it's best to leave them alone :))

7. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Ha! I was going to start another thread on this, but you beat me to it!

Yes, this is an ongoing issue that hasn't been resolved thus far.

It is HIGHLY irritating to sort through multiple images into the desired sequence, only for the order to be messed up subsequently.

Personally I'm going to cull some of my images so that a model has only perhaps 3 photos - less is more etc. - hopefully managing them will be simpler and less prone to error.

8. It's Fixed! The photos stay in the order I want them and don't re-render! Thanks for fixing this Shapeways