Strange holes appearing that need desperate fixing

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by Nerf_Modifications, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Circled in the image is what im talking about
    unseen in sketchup are strange holes that appear when the model is uploaded the shapeways corresponding to errors that i cant fix,

I have attached the file in question (a custom trigger for the Nerf Stampede)

If anyone wants to sort out whatever causing the bug i would be very grateful :D
    thanks
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    You probably have two (or more) coinciding faces there, and the site software threw both of them out while trying to make sense of your model. Get netfabb studio basic from netfabb.com (stripped-down freeware version of what shapeways uses) to see what is wrong - if you are lucky, it will let you remove the extraneous geometry, but at least it will highlight where you went wrong in sketchup.

3. thanks, i already have Netfabb installed so ill try manually fix the problem be deleting extra faces

4. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    It would be easier to fix this in Sketchup. There are many plugins available to check and repair your model in Sketchup. Just remember for 3D printing you only want the outer shell.
    File fixed in Netfabb, by deleting all of the internal geometry.

Attached Files: