Order cancelled :(

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by MadAsU, Jun 23, 2015.

1. MadAsU
    MadAsU Well-Known Member
    I received an email when an order came through (last week sometime) and now I have gone it to see that the order (presumably) has been cancelled.

Given I haven't received an email about not being able to print, do I assume that the order was just cancelled? Why didn't shapeways send me an email to say that the order had been cancelled?

2. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    Yes, I agree . It's pretty frustrating to have an order simply drop off the edge of the world (Yep, it is flat, LOL).

It would be nice to see an e-mail notification if orders are cancelled. You'd think implementing automatic notifications would be pretty straightforward.

SW?

Steve Hunter

3. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble! Your order shouldn't have been cancelled - did you ever receive a confirmation from SW that the order was placed?

You can contact us directly at Service@Shapeways.com and someone can help you figure out exactly the status of your order.

4. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Yes, It's just that.

When a customer cancel manually his order, this is show in your sales overview .csv as "cancelled".

If the model is non printable, it's show as "rejected".

This, of course, isn't show neither in the pending sales-confirmed sales screen.

Sadly shapeways was asked several times about to send a message when these cancellations occurs, but this isn't never implemented.

5. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    Hi, Kat:

It's not orders cancelled by SW... I've never had one of those.

The situation arises when a customer changes his/her mind and cancels. I had one of those yesterday. I knew about it since I know the customer, but in cases where a total stranger places an order and cancels, it would be nice to receive notification from SW. Otherwise, you might be surprised by a smaller markup payment than expected.

True, it's easy enough to track, but it's nice to know if a sale disappears.

Steve

6. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback about this - I'm sure its dissappointing to realize later that an order has been cancelled.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us to identify improvements we can make on the site. I'll keep this in mind in the future!

7. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    A companion situation is when a customer chooses to pay by bank transfer, and then doesn't complete the transaction. It'd be nice to be told of those situations also.