Pipettes and batteries holder

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by GreenDragon, Jun 17, 2015.

1. GreenDragon
    GreenDragon Member
    Hello. My name is Miki, and I'm building scale models as well as painting paint-by-numbers pictures.
    What I want to show here is not as pretty as the other items featured, but it works great for me functionally, especially since I couldn't find anything similar to it on the internet and without 3d printing I would have no other options. I think that this is where 3d printing can make the most impact, creating things which do not exist and never will due to them being too niche to produce in mass quantities.

From left to right:
    1. 16 battery holder for AA or AAA size - rather than open a battery pack for just 2 batteries and having all the other batteries roll out of the pack and getting lost around the house, this enables you to store the batteries organized.
    2. 3 glass pipettes holder / 4 glass pipettes holder - this is useful for my scale models or painting when I need to measure and mix an accurate amount of paint. Instead of having the pipette on the table or on paper after using it, and having the leftover paint messing around, you can store them in this stand (it also has a sunken area to absorb paint left overs from the pipette).

I've designed these items with a 3d app, and measured the exact radius of the items with a caliper. It came out so accurate, that the pipettes can fit the stand with just the rubber dome which is just a little bigger than the glass pipe. The stands are also so stable, that I can shake them quite vigorously and everything still stays in place.

IMG_0280_small.JPG