Ability to easily change store section names

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by draw, Apr 20, 2015.

1. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    As of now if you have a need to change the name of a store section the only option is to create a new store section with the desired name, move models one by one from the old to the new store section, and then delete the old store section. It's kind of a pain.

2. panguver
    panguver Well-Known Member
    I would like rename couple store section because url to is ugly. But it will huge pain for 250+ items...

3. HenrikRydberg
    HenrikRydberg Shapeways Employee Design Team
    Ugh. You're totally right. That's just horrible. Personally, I'd like to see easy renaming and sorting tool be added to the section editor.

We don't have any immediate plans to work on the section editor, but I'll open the discussion here. There's so many things we want to build and improve, that I can't promise anything. Thanks for hanging in there and being patient. I know it's not easy.

4. 3D3e
    3D3e Member
    And... how do I move models from the old store into the new one? I mean, is there a way to move them? Some of my models have been fixed and saved after that... the original files that I have are not the 'fixed' ones...

Also... I'm sure it must be dancing in front of me... but I haven't find where to delete my former store...

I was told by somebody at customer service that deleting my store would not delete my uploaded models since those are linked to my account, not to the name of the store. The problem is that it didn't let me open a new store using the same e-mail linked to my former store. Using a different e-mail results in no models whatsoever... so back to square one... how to move models from one store into the other....

Thank you for any advice!

Gabe

5. sbhunterca
    sbhunterca Well-Known Member
    That would be so nice... the ability to subdivide store sections would be cool too...

I badly need to split my store into many more sections to help modellers find what they want, but the present system is sooooooooo ugly.

Steve Hunter