Transformers Conversion Kit: Warbugs

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by Hellstormer1, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Hellstormer1
    Hellstormer1 Member
    Hello. Like anyone else in this part of the forums, I'm looking for a designer for a little project.

First think worth noting to anyone reading and interested, is that THERE IS a market for this idea. Transformers collectors abroad would love to get their hands on conversion kits that would result from this project. So if you're worried about money, there's some to be had here. I'm just hoping someone can make these so I can get a set of my own as a collector. Now, on to the project!

MATERIALS: I'm thinking any kind of plastic. Strong & Flexible seems to be the go-to material for other TF stuff on here, but I'd like all plastics and colors be available if possible. However, designers' experience in these matters is appreciated.

The short version:

I'm looking for someone who can take a look at these...

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicense d-41/fansproject-ca-04-ca-05-not-insecticons-pre-order-up-an d-new-images-172468/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and make a conversion kit that will turn them into these...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discuss ion/859511-fansproject-war-bugs.html

[​IMG]

More images and information on these can be found by searching for phrases like "Transformers FansProject Insecticons Warbugs". Also, more on FansProject can be found here...

http://www.wikialpha.org/wiki/FansProject

...and here...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FansProject/108855295818799

The long version:

The first link is for a third party Transformers Insecticons product, produced by FansProject. Third party stuff caters to collectors with a little more money to spend on more highly detailed items. The second link is for a variant of these called "Warbugs", first hinted at in 2011-2012. As of 2015, the word around the internet is that these are no longer going to be produced and released, as FansProject are no longer interested in the Insecticons.

If one looks closely, the same basic mold is used for the main body, but several of the extremity pieces (which are easily detachable) are swapped out, changing their transformation altmodes from insectoid to cool looking vehicles. I am willing to supply as much reference material as needed that I can, such as pictures, measurements, scale reference (specifically, detailed images of the connecting pieces and how they work in order to make the conversion kit(s) fit right, and exact measurements so that these kits are scaled as near perfectly as possible).

If you are worried about discretion, we can work something out in private for the designs. If you don't care about discretion and are looking to make a buck, you don't need me for that. These kind of kits will make money on their own once Transformers collectors find out about them. One would simply need to post in the popular Transformers forums about such kits to pique curiosity and desire, and the rest will handle itself. Fans and collectors had mixed feelings about the third party Insecticons at first, but they highly desired the Warbugs variants, and people are feeling the loss that these will never be made.

I personally simply want to see these become available and make a purchase for my own collection, being that I'm a collector as well.

If anyone is interested in getting the FansProject Insecticons for this project, they can be found on eBay easily enough. Even if they are KOs (knock offs), those would serve well enough to make these conversion kits.

PLEASE NOTE: If anyone is interested in this project, I WILL NOT send my own collected figures to you. This may be the "make or break" for anyone interested in this. But let's be real here: I don't know you, you don't know me, I'd be practically asking to never get them back, and I'm not in the market to prove myself the fool. This reason is why I'm willing to supply anything else needed, such as detailed pictures and proper measurements. I've worked with a few shapies in the past via emails and messages on here, and some of these have worked out well with simple pics and measurements, with a good detailed product as a result. So I know better.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015