Shopping cart

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 720005_deleted, Jan 14, 2015.

1. This going to sound really stupid. The other day I was browsing products, found one I liked and then my cat came along, she pressed on a number key then a series of other keys (including the enter key) while my cursor was over the "quantity" section of how many items I would like. The web page froze, I closed my browser tried again, and again, still froze. I looked on the html to see how many items my cat put in: "1001". No way into my cart to delete the items as the page returns no data. Could either my account be deleted and I create a new one and people learn from this, always protect your keyboard or could there be a switch somewhere on profile settings to remotely delete cart contents.

Thanks,

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Are you saying that when you click on Checkout (or click the Cart Icon) that you don't get this option to remove items?
    Image1.jpg

What browser are you using?

3. The problem is that I can not actually get into my cart to click the "remove"

I am using Chrome.

Thanks for replying,

4. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    Sorry if I sound patronizing, but have you attempted to access your cart using other browsers, like IE, Firefox or Safari? It's possible (though unlikely, I'll admit) that the issue is a tainted cookie (don't laugh, even if it is funny) or a funky script that was created during the "apocatlypse" and now the information the page is sending is conflicting with how your browser is reading it. Testing in another browser will quickly reveal if it's an issue with Chrome or Shapeways.

Also, try deleting your cookies and check Chrome plugins/add ons for funky looking stuff. You never know what's going on behind the scene of a program!

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    I see the problem :)

It appears for some reason your shop is causing some problems.
    I'll ask our dev team to empty your cart!

Best,
    Mitchell

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    We have fixed your shopping cart!

Seems the problem was 100000 giftcards in your shopping cart.
    Our dev team will make a fix so this won't cause problems in the future.

7. I did attempt to use another browser DoctorOctoroc however with no success.

100000 giftcards!!!! If those were $100 giftcard that brings my cart cost to... $10 million. Thanks for the dev team help, my cart is now clear.

Thankyou for your help it is greatly appreciated.

8. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    What a pity there will be no cat-astrophic flood of grumpy cat figurines...

9. I'm having problems removing a item from my cart as well there is no remove item icon

10. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    There should be a small blue "x" symbol shown after the price on the item line in the "Edit cart" view.
    Which browser are you using ?