Complaint vs Compliment

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by 506226_deleted, Jan 5, 2015.

1. I noticed recently that the "contact us" form has new options, one of which is "complaint". Why not also add a "compliment" option if we want to simply thank the person, who worked on the product, for the awesome job he/she did?

Not trying to brown-nose anyone, I just strongly believe that you have to have HAPPY employees to have HAPPY customers and this one-sided "complaint" option is so negative...

2. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Oh! That's a nice idea!

Let's see what we can do!

Thank you!

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I want to go beyond simply saying +1 here.

You have no clue how many times I've asked "Who's your manager?" (at stores/restaurants/call centers) only to have someone come running over to me as though there was a big fire going on. People rarely give compliments... It's super-unexpected when you do.

Personally, I believe in the "brownie point" system. Before you can SPEND a brownie point, you must have EARNED some. You don't earn points by being negative, and you shouldn't spend more points than you've earned.

Yes, Shapeways has its faults. But, I still think they're on the positive side of the ledger.

Or, as I am often known to say when people want to congratulate me on a task well done... "Don't tell me.. tell my boss." <GRIN>