Simple 2D to 3D model needed

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 700179_deleted, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Hi,

I need someone that can create a 3D model from the attached image. The result must be smooth and clean.

Best

Attached Files:

• M.jpg

M.jpg

File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Mohsen_Abbasi
    Mohsen_Abbasi Well-Known Member
    PM sent

3. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    PM sent

Expertise: Models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored
    Experience: 10yrs+
    Portfolio: Dot San
    Flickr: Dot San on Flickr
    Rate:Fixed rate,no two jobs are the same, email info@dotsan.com or dotsan01@gmail.com to discuss
    Shapeways Interview
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Society 6

We like challenges, so don't be shy in coming forward with any questions. Please feel free to contact my customers below for a reference.

[​IMG]
    Your ideas modeled and checked for 3D Printing by Dot San by Dot San, on Flickr

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  4. drloris
    drloris Well-Known Member
    You can do this yourself using the shapeways 2D-to3D creator. It'll take about 2 minutes.

You need to convert the image to greyscale, or in this case, black and white first. Here, I've done it already.

M3.png

Just upload it to the page given above, set the thickness and width and click 'update view' and you'll get the model straight away.

5. Hi, Thanks! I have tried that but it does not look very smooth.. Also probably hollowed will be better price, right?

6. drloris
    drloris Well-Known Member
    If you have a higher-resolution image, you could get a smoother result, if the product is going to be large. You could generate such an image using a vector graphics program, if you don't have it already. Avoid saving out as a JPEG - use PNG instead.

Hollowed out versions might be cheaper, if what you're paying the designer is less than you save in material.

It would be helpful to give the dimensions you're looking for, and the material. And anything else about it might also make a difference.
    If the item only has to look good from the sides and front, you might not need a back to it at all. Then you could still do it yourself through the 2D-to-3D creator - you'd need to use the greyscale option and a bit of tinkering.

If there is more to it, take up one of the designers who has PM'd you, if you haven't already.
    (I could certainly do it, but it's enough messing around that I'd charge.)