Shurima's Crest Amulet!

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 676744_deleted, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Shurima_Crest_login_screen.png

Hello!

For Christmas this year, I wanted to give a special secret santa gift for a friend.

For this piece, i'd like to have it made with matte stainless steel for gold and regular stainless steel for the silver parts.

The center disk does not have to be able to rotate; it can be set in place

Size should be able to fit a 10cmx10cmx3cm box or a 15x15x4

Nevermind the waterfall part and assume its not part of the crest.

Lastly, a small ring at the back to attach to a necklace

I will be able to negotiate a price around or below 70$ through PAYPAL

I'm looking for preciseness instead of money or time!

Due date is likely christmas eve! If not, than I can do past New Years.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  2. NikkruGadgets
    NikkruGadgets Well-Known Member
    Hi, since you have a limit to the budget, have you considered, that printing it in stainless steel at that size would be at least 500€?
    Less if it's hollow but that would require a hole.
    It's also not possible to mix materials, so they'd have to be designed and printed separately and then put together

3. Well I have considered the mixed matierials part,
    the surprising one was 500 euros xD thats 706 or so for canadian dollars. Are you sure? Because I thought it was 10euros per cm cubed. I said the box is 10x10x3 but I expect the product to be around 7x7x1.5, since its something that is going to be carried around in a pocket or a necklace

4. NikkruGadgets
    NikkruGadgets Well-Known Member
    Yes, I modeled a very rough estimate, though with the 10x10x3 as the outer dimensions.

Even if the product is 7x7x1.5 the box would be 73,5cm³
    Let's say the actual material would be half of it: 36,8cm³

For steel that would be around 200$, having other metals would make it more expensive. A regular ring would cost around 60$ to print in silver.

So printing costs would probably be over 200$, might be less if it's made hollow

5. Hmm thats alright than. The budget could be for the model design instead then I'll worry about printing and the matierials later. Thanks for the information.

6. johnot
    johnot Well-Known Member
    PM sent;)