Steel Ring prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 678063_deleted, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Greetings,

I found this site months ago and thought to buy a custom ring for a friend for Christmas.
    I didn't check the site constantly and understand that the loss of this occasion is in part my own fault.

Despite this I would point out something: during this summer a ring made of steel, even if pretty bulgy, would cost around 30 Euros. Definitely affordable.
    Right now a plain ring costs 302.19, exactly like a golden one.
    I highly doubt anyone is willing to order steel rings anymore with those prices.
    For sure I am not.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    You might want to give a link to the overprized model - the few I just checked to see if it could be a general error actually cost around 30 to 40 euro still.
    (Perhaps email the designer via the link on the model page - s/he might have added excessive markup to the manufactoring cost, either by mistake or to inhibit sales for the moment.)

3. Actually it was me who designed the ring, thanks to the app on the site.
    I tried to go back there to provide a link or a screenshot, but the app is down under maintenance. Hopefully they're working on this issue.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for yours.
    I will check again the app in some time, if the issue will not be resolved I will post here again, otherwise it means that it should be fine.

4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    The app is down for maintenance exactly because of that reason ;)

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Mitch

5. No need to apologize, you're working for us. Thank you very much for the feedback and service :)