A suggestion for checking out.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by 407774_deleted, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Hey, I just ordered a ring which instead of saying "buy now" on its page, it says "personalize" because it wanted me to select my ring size. I selected my ring size and added it to my cart but nowhere in the cart or at any point during the check out process or in the order confirmation email does it ever mention my personalization. I am sure that my ring size is connected to my order, just it would give me, and others, ease of mind to have somewhere in there say "Personalize: 18" or whatever was placed in the personalize text box, just so we know for 100% positive that the personalization is connected to the order.

Thank you for being my go-to place for my printing needs and for being awesome in general.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The personalize button means the shop owner has it as a co-creator. Co-creators can allow much more personalization than ring size. I know the shop owner gets a page with all the information, but I do not think there is a way for you to verify this information. You could contact the designer, or CS to verify. I'll move this to suggestions to see if there is a way for both parties to see the information.

3. SusanParker
    SusanParker Member
    Well as a Shop owner I am surly confused. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER how to deal with this co-creator thing which seems to have been added as a default to one of my products (Panasonic SD257 breadmaker dispenser latch).

I can't see anywhere how to switch it off. Very confusing.

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Could be an "interesting" side effect of the recent site update...
    If you "Edit" the model in question and switch to the "Details" tab, somewhere near the middle of that page you will find a section labeled "Customization" - check if there is anything selected there. (Normally this would be for people to request individual inscriptions or model variants in different sizes, meaning when someone orders it you would receive a request to upload a custom model within a specified time frame)

5. SusanParker
    SusanParker Member
    Many thanks for that. Yes, I have now found it and turned it OFF !!!

I only found out about it as I started getting plaintive PMs from people wanting to buy a latch to repair their breadmakers, but confused as no "Buy it Now" button was showing.

The latch is one of my little pleasures, having over a number of years helped over 300 people keep their otherwise functioning machine up and running properly.

And it's a nice party conversation piece. Even now people, who know a bit about 3D printing from all the filament printing 'bot machines being so prominent, are still amazed to see something printed in real metal as an affordable and practical object.

BTW these people I show it to include machinists from our Physics mechanical workshop at Imperial College (where I work), who do really wonderful stuff and normally are the ones who know all there is to know about making things in metal.

My background is electronics and instrumentation, so it is nice to be ahead of the curve in mechanical matters once in a while :)

Best,
    Susan.