Chance to diplay your prints in a museum in The Netherlands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ostara, Nov 2, 2014.

1. ostara
    ostara Member
    Hey everybody,

The Museum for Communications (MusCom http://www.muscom.nl/) is looking for special 3d prints to display in their exhibition. The exhibition will last for about a year. So, do you have something special and is it smaller than 39x39x39 cm? Than get in contact with msteegstra@muscom.nl and submit before the 6th of November. For more info go here: http://www.3dhubs.com/den-haag or here: http://t.co/9TudDJiAZl (both in Dutch though)
    Good luck!

Cheers,
    Sten (Ostara)

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    6th of November? That's four days. I don't even think I could ship something to you that fast from the US! HAHA! :D

Or is this post mainly for those in Holland?

I like calling it Holland. When I think of Holland I think of tulips, windmills, wooden shoes, blond blue eyed girls with rosy cheeks wearing blue and white dresses. :D When I think of the Netherlands I think a barren wasteland with a lonely tumbleweed rolling by winds howling. HAHAHA! :D

How come nobody calls the Netherlands Holland? :D

3. ostara
    ostara Member
    Heya, well you don't have to ship it to me.. I'm just sharing what I stumbled upon.. and as far as i'm aware, you can ship within 1 day from the US to Holland.. so that shouldn't be a problem either.. I'll keep the difference of Holland and The Netherlands in mind ;-)..

4. UniverseBecoming
    The comment I made about Holland was mostly directed to the numerous Dutch people that read this forum since Shapeways is a Dutch company. :D

Yeah, I supposed I could get something there in one day, but that would cost me around $150 to ship it. :/

Perhaps some of the Dutch people reading this forum will send you something. :)

All that aside, thanks for the heads up about the request! I have two of my 3D printed designs currently on display in the London Science Museum and it's fun to learn of these rare museum requests.

5. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    What ever happened to the solicitation by the museum in England for 3D prints for their show during the summer? Maybe they could ship their collection straight over to the Netherlands.

6. UniverseBecoming
    They extended it to 04/01/2015. Here's the site link.

7. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    So much for that idea.

8. ostara
    ostara Member
    That's cool! Looks like a nice museum to have your prints showcased there :) Who knows, might be another opportunity another time.. Will keep you posted.

9. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    They extended it? Hmm. I really wanted to see it because I also sent two of my models. However, I could not find them back on any of the pictures available on the internet. Maybe I'll go around the holidays. I'm too busy now (something with a move to Eindhoven for an internship..) to send any models. I also do not know what kind of models I would send that I would like to miss for over a year.

10. UniverseBecoming
  11. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    Sadly, no :(

12. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Not sure what you might have submitted, but the object at the top left corner of the light box could be one of your "hidden pocket" designs. The link
    James posted is a 5000x3400 pixel image, so it is possible to identify individual items if they are not at an awkward angle. Your name is in the credits
    list so your kids should be in there somewhere...

13. Daphne
    Daphne Well-Known Member
    It are small bracelets, I know they should be somewhere. Just one way to find out where they are exactly, and that's a trip to London.

14. UniverseBecoming
    What color were they? Do you remember? This has become like a game of find Daphne's entries! HAHA! :D I can see around 12 bracelets on there.

By the way, if you or anyone reading this ends up going, take a picture of my entry and I'll PayPal you $25 for the image! :D

London Science Museum.jpg
    Done-very-high.jpg