Why has my pricing gone way up for WSF materials?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MadersTrains, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadersTrains
    MadersTrains Member
    Hello everyone,

Little confused with this whole new pricing thing. Im new to Shapeways to begin with, and only have a few models that I have been working on. Ordered them a couple weeks ago and they arrived today. Came on to edit some of them to only offer the WSF material because my products are very small and they printed very well in the WSF material and so so in the FUD material. I am making HO scale Model Construction Details, so they are very small. Ive successfully had a model of a traffic cone and two different types of road barricades printed.

Now I see that pricing is changing. For example on one of my products, the traffic cone, old price for WSF material was only $2.05 and contained 10 parts (the same part just duplicated 10 times for a 10-pack). The new price says it will be a whopping $15.67!
    On a different product, a model of a 10' wide barricade, the old price $5.81 and contains 10 of the same thing (however they are all connected at the feet by spurs to make them all one piece; buyer would need to cut them apart). The new price says its going to be $23.39.
    I mean that is pretty outrageous and there is no way I want to even offer any of my products with these new prices.

What has me really confused is that on a couple of my products that I offer as a single item (not in 5 packs or 10 packs), the price only is going up by a few cents.. Does this mean I should only offer everything as one single product? And if someone wants 10 of the same item they physically have to order 10 of them? Seems like that would be more work for Shapeways to me rather then having the entire 10 pack in one file and printing all at once..

So whats going on here? I thought the new price programs was supposed to lower prices, not raise them by 4-5x's what they originally were?!

Appreciate any help or explanation as to whats going on.. Am I the only one this is happening to?

Josh

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    There is a thread for this: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=21153 A bit heated, but it seems SW is busy somewhere else. They have not replied to the people doing puzzles either, which probably made SW well know in some circles.

Customer will pay the pretty much same as single item or as pack of 10 with the new pricing system if not using sprues. Consider using them if you can, and also approaching the ideal packing envelopes of sphere or cube. The less space between items, the better, the smaller outer surface, the better. Like penguins in winter.

[So Shapie Expert / old Guru Member starts at 1000 posts, this being 1001]

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    As stannum said, we have a long thread about the repricing. I'll lock this thread, please follow up there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.