Blender to Upload Color File Issue

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by JessicaGrace, Sep 5, 2014.

1. JessicaGrace
    JessicaGrace Member
    I've been having trouble with uploading a color model. I've finally gotten the model to upload, but the texture isn't showing on the previews. If I upload a x3D, it looks all white. If I upload a DAE, it looks all black. I started out with the texture as a PNG, and after reading another thread, I changed it to a JPG. No luck, either way. Any ideas?

It printed fine before I tweeked a few things that were too small and added the color. That product is here: http://shpws.me/va40
    Here is a screenshot of the model in Blender:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. JessicaGrace
    JessicaGrace Member
    I also just tried up loading a simple cube with a texture, as a test. The texture still won't load in the previews.

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Check your file - it should be somewhat readable text - to make sure that it contains the name of your texture file somewhere (and only the name, no folder names or drive letters). If that does not help, please attach at least your simple cube here to allow somewhat more educated guessing.

4. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Are you zipping the texture and model file together, and then uploading the zip file?

5. JessicaGrace
    JessicaGrace Member
    Test cube.

Attached Files:

• test.zip

File size:
      198.8 KB
      Views:
  6. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    mkroeker is right, testtexture.png is mentioned nowhere in the .x3d file.

7. JessicaGrace
    JessicaGrace Member
    I tried taking the png off and it still didn't work. Is testtexture not listed at all? And how do I fix this?

Attached Files:

8. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    You are doing something wrong inside Blender or you found a bug. Are you using Cycles rendering path per any chance?

9. JessicaGrace
    JessicaGrace Member
    No. I think I got it. I am new to Blender. I used to use Maya. I'm waiting for the upload to finish . . .

10. JessicaGrace
    JessicaGrace Member
    Yup. Got it. I don't understand how it can preview the texture on the model, if the texture isn't linked to the material. It seems that was the problem, though. That's not possible with Maya. But hey. Now I know. :) Thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014