Stainless Steel - Is it conductive?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by PeregrineStudios, Aug 23, 2014.

1. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked a plethora of times before, so I apologize for the (probable) repeat question.

I'm looking for a better way to seal my jewelry, and I came across this. It seems like it would be useful for many metals; my main concern is finding a surefire way to defeat the 'brown stain', so I'm most interested in how this would react with stainless steel.

Is the Shapeways bronze-alloy Stainless Steel suitable for this type of sealant? It's one and only listed requirement is that the metal be conductive.

Thanks in advance!

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Try the forum search function - searching for "conductive" should lead you to this thread, searching for "plating" or "nickel" should eventually remind you that electroplating was suggested in the "brown stain returns" thread you started a few months ago. :)
    (And I would also look around for any reports of experience with this product - at least I have grown tired of the "buy me, I'm nano". Though this looks like an attempt to do powder coating in solution - maybe JoyComplex who recommended powder coating in this recent thread knows something about the process ?)

3. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hmmm, alrighty. Thanks for that!

(and yes, I remember that thread, silly of me to have not gone looking for it! :))