Medium's Empyreal Gate, LLC. - Bumble Collection: Strength

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Mediums_Gate, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Mediums_Gate
    Mediums_Gate Member
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Next time order it in WSF black , people order jewlery in Black Plastics ... it is about "it gets dirty" ...when see white things.

Looks good!

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Is that alumide?

To add to numarul, spray some clear coat on top to keep your whites white ;-)

4. Mediums_Gate
    Mediums_Gate Member
    Thank you two for the tips : ) Yes it is alumide. Its really blown out in the images and video. I was using the camera on my phone. This prototype is 7cm tall. I'm going to reduce the size to be 4cm and only offer it in metal. With this prototype, I just wanted to have something in my hands to get a feel for size and level of detail. I feel confident that 4 to 4.5 cm would keep a level of detail that I'm content with. I will have to increase the size of the sword handle more because it's still quite thin. Maybe I'll have to adjust the antenna size too. This prototype will be stored in a display case and not handled very often but I think I will spray it to keep it looking clean.

Thanks for the tips and compliments. I will be getting this in silver next and will upload more pics.

5. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Better make the other pendants you have to make and order them all in Black Plastic to see how they go.

Going straight to silver and landing something "nasty" will make you fell not so good.

:)