Wall Thickness Visualization Tool Repair Tool & Uploads

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Mechanoid, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Mechanoid
    Mechanoid Well-Known Member
    It's taken me 4 times trying to upload a model. After more than 2 hours, it finally loaded. Once loaded, the WTVT indicated areas of concern. They small enough that I was going to let the Repair Tool fix it. But it appears not to be working.

Side note, since the new format now creates renders for each selected material, It appears to be slowing the entire system down. Uploading new models now seems to take 3 times longer. As if the system can't keep up.

Over complicated the basics. Tisk Tisk.

Rule #1, Don't fix it, if it ain't broken.

Rule #2. K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple S........ (I won't finish that statement out of fear people would take it as an insult directed at them).

My system is an I-5 quad core, 32 gig ram, 1 gig GDDR5 video, Win 7, full updates, using chrome.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    What's the model number of the item that isn't thickening?

I'll also check to see if the new renderings are slowing things down. Hopefully it's only temporary as it renders all the past models?

3. Mechanoid
    Here is the model in question. Took 4 tries to finally get it to upload, now the repair tool just sits there.

For every material you check to sell a design in, the system tries to generate a render for each material. I'v checked open 3 materials for a model, and after 4 hours it still had not generated all 3 renders.

Small side note, Every time I try to upload an image, the system tries to post 2 of the same image. I really can't figure out what's going on. I'v run checks on my system and found no errors. But yet (at least on my end), it appears that something is seriously wrong. Like the ShapeWays website has gone to snail speed at everything. I go to another site and everything is fine. It truly does appear as your system is bogged down.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Samantha, I'm not seeing a model?

I believe there is already a ticket for the image upload issue.

5. Mechanoid
    Model #2297893, Har'Lakk Assault Class Pursuit Specials.

This model still will not let me use the repair tool.

It appears I'm having some lag issues in uploading new models. I'v tried 3 times today to upload a new model before it finally took.

Now before you ask if it's my machine that's having the issues. I have run a full scan and diagnostic on every piece of hardware and software. I'm able to watch live streaming video without having any buffering issues. My PC has an i-5 quad core 64bit cpu, 32gig ram, 1gig GDDR5 GTS450 video card and full speed internet connection.

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Mechanoid,

I've added your model to a bug report we've made earlier this week.

I'll let you know once this is fixed.
    Have you already tried re-uploading this model? Normally this should do the trick as a workaround.

Cheers,
    Mitchell

7. Mechanoid
    I tried to do that, but it took 4 times trying to upload it before it would accept the one that's up now. I'm having some real odd issues,

The website acts slow, sometimes it acts like it's having lag issues. I have been on the tour de france website, when the tour was going on, and able to watch live broadcast without issue.

But if you want, I will go try uploading it again to cover that base. Just hope I don't lose the page doing it.

8. Mechanoid
    Just tried to upload it again, same thing. The repair tool will not engage.

9. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Happened to me too today. Uploaded 3 designs and did not get any check first , saved it , then after 30 min it all got checked.

Dunno what gives the lag.

10. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    If everything goes alright this should be fixed in tomorrow's release!

I'll keep everyone posted.

Cheers,
    Mitchell

11. Mechanoid
    Thank You.