Shapeways render keeps appearing as default image

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by ByMichaelCPoulsen, Jul 13, 2014.

1. ByMichaelCPoulsen
    ByMichaelCPoulsen Active Member
    Hi Shapies,

I'm not allowed to arrange the order of photos in the shop. I keep trying to set my real photo as default but when I check the public shop the stupid web GL render keeps remaining as default.

I expect this is a BUG and it's really annoying.

Cheers Mike

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Did you remember to log out before checking your shop ? When I view your shop page, I get photographs by default for all items except the "IBA12 Attitude Urban Rose" model.

3. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Use a incognito browser page and one normal page and refresh the incognito one to see your shop how it looks to clients.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. ByMichaelCPoulsen
    OK, maybe it a buffer issue. But the strange thing was, that the image would look right in the shop as the preview photo... but when clicking on the design the web GL render would then come first. Well, this morning it looks right, so I guess it was a buffer issue.

Especially the 'IBA12 attitude urban rose' was causing me troubles as also mentioned by mkroeker. In fact you describe that this particular design wasn't displaying the real photo in your browser. The truth is that I have NOT done anything since your comment and now it seems right when checking this morning. Therefore the issue cannot only be in my browser.

Another thing is that if you do the 'edit details' for a material before the 'pricing' then the system doesn't know which materials are offered for sales and there are no presets for default materials. This means that when you upload a photo e.g. showing premium silver and tries to set this photo as default the system won't let you because this material is not for sale. Has anyone else experienced this issue???

Another thing is the arranging of photos. If you happen to upload some new photos for a model at a later time than when first editing it... and if you want those photo to be first in line, then you have no tools move move them up in line. As far as I have experienced I would have to delete all photos and re-upload in the desired order. Can this be true or am I missing something?

Mike

5. ByMichaelCPoulsen
    Now the photos are all mixed up again... they were different yesterday and now the order of the photos have changed. The might appear with the real photos as the correct thumbnails in the public shop...

...but if you then click a product e.g. the IBA7 Mamorial ring and the IBA10 CROSSROADS you will find that it brings the WEB GL render first up when going to the product. This is not very good commercial towards customers. It not enough to have the correct thumbnails at the main page of the shop... you would also want it on the specific product pages. Real photos should ALWAYS be placed first in line. Now I can ensure that it is definitely not a buffer issue with the browser.

Why does this happen. Obviously the settings for the product is correct since it will show the correct photo thumbnail in the main shop page. But the WEB GL renders keeps moving first in line under the respective product pages.

PLEEEASEE... if you have an answer to this then help me. Otherwise Shapeways should correct this ASAP. Customers will not take it seriously if they want to take a closer look at a product and then meets a WEB GL render as the first photo on the product page.

Cheers,

Mike

6. ByMichaelCPoulsen
    OK, Shapeways has added some material renders of the offered for sale materials... this have somehow mixed up the order. This really underlines the necessity of having a better way of ensuring the correct photo order... and being able to modify the order.

MIke

7. ByMichaelCPoulsen
    Now that Shapeways are going to go live with the more realistic material renders for materials offered for sale could we please get rid of the WEB GL render image that really looks poor (especially when it keep jumpling to no.1 position).

Mike