Just starting a shop and have a few questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 353211_deleted, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Hey everyone!

So I am just starting out designing and selling jewelry and am super excited to get my designs out there! I do have a few questions so far though:

1. When I uploaded my model for my first design I was able to get everything set up under the "Details" and "Pricing headers. Then when I went to view the item, none of the prices I input showed up on the item. The prices listed were the cost to make the item with no markup included.

Am I forgetting to do something, or is this normal since I am viewing my own item?

Edit: Found a thread down the page that answered this question. I do need to log out to view the Marked up pricing.

2. I realize pricing is very dependent on the market and what people are willing to pay for certain items. That said, what are some typical markup percentages that you guys use? Right now I am using around 20-40%.

3. Is there any sort of downloadable chart with each material's design criteria? Like min wall thickness, etc.?

Thank in advance!!

-Greg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    The markup it is something that you decide how much time you have spent on a item. General items -> 10%-20% , Unique items that goes more time in them to be made ... go figure it.

Materials are listed in the materials section , there it is no downloadable chart.