Stiffness of "White Strong & Flexible"

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 94089_deleted, Jun 19, 2014.

1. 94089_deleted
    94089_deleted Member
    Hi All.

I'm a big fan of the Legend of Zelda series... So I decided to create a replica of the Wind Waker baton they use in the official symphony... My question is this. How would I be able to make my model rigid and stiff to act like a stick of wood or graphite or other stiff materials traditional batons are made from. I've printed a couple models myself, but this time I'd really like a professional print job so it looks like it almost came from casting resin (which I could theoretically do with these prints (use them as models for making a mold) Buying the two batons will cost almost $70 and I want to be sure I have exactly the consistency and rigidity I want before dropping that much money on models

Thanks in advance!

-John M.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    I do not think stiffness will be a problem if the wall thickness is high enough (and a tube is inherently stiff), but you will need to do considerable filling and sanding of the originally rough and porous surface if it is to look like a cast. (But it is doable - wasn't there a young lady designer portrayed on the blog with
    such a thing in her hand just a few days ago ?)

3. 94089_deleted
    94089_deleted Member
    Alright. I think that is a good answer for me

Sanding/painting shouldn't be a problem...

Yes I saw that post as well... That's more of a cosplay prop. ... these batons are modeled after the actual conducting batons used in the "Symphony of the Goddesses" tour.