Shop help

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Brick, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Brick
    Brick Member
    Hey,

I am trying to open a shop and it isn't working properly, or I am doing something wrong.

Do I need to have a model be public in order to be for sale? i.e. I have it for sale but not viewable for public. It doesn't show up in my shop.

Strangely, I did see it in my shop for a minute or two, but when I selected the item, the model was downloadable (which I had set to not be), and it wasn't using the prices I had set for it. Also, it was allowing materials that I didn't specifically set prices for or want to be available.

Does it take like hours or something for changes to take place? Because I can't seem to get any of it working properly.

thx.

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Doesn't take very long in my area of the world, USA. When I make a change in my shops it usually updates within 10 to 15 seconds; for example if I were to change a picture.

To sell a product list as public and for sale. You turn the public toggle off if you don't want it to show up in your shop, like for example these ring sizes for my DNA ring don't show up in my shop, but each size is available for sale if you have the links.

As for materials turning on that you don't want, that shouldn't happen. You need to turn them on under the pricing tab in order to sale those materials. Be sure to add your markup too. What may be happening is that when you're logged in you can order any of the materials that your model is geometrically compatible with. Try logging out and then look at the product to see what a customer would see.

If you don't want people to download your model make sure the allow downloads check box is unchecked. But here again, if you are logged in you yourself can download it. Look at it while logged out to see what the public will see.

3. Brick
    Brick Member
    OK I had to select 'Display to the public' for it to show up.

However I don't really want this, because now the item is searchable. I want like you said, if they know the link, they can get to it, otherwise the item is not findable.

As for the materials and prices, you are right about being logged in. When I log out, the proper materials and prices are there.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  4. UniverseBecoming
    With Display to public unchecked it will not show up to the public, but it will show up to you if you are logged in. Also, the URL is different when you are logged in so use this URL when you want to direct someone to the page:
    URL.jpg

As for setting the default material it can be set here:
    default mat.jpg

5. Brick
    Brick Member
    ok, looks like I have it all working properly now,....thanks for your help.

6. UniverseBecoming
    Oh great! Glad you got it working the way you intended. :)

7. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Great example of community support! Thanks for all the help, Universe Becoming!

8. UniverseBecoming
    :D