My order arrived, six models with different materials

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 510703_deleted, May 30, 2014.

1. 510703_deleted
    510703_deleted Active Member
    Yesterday my models arrived. I am very excited and pretty happy with the results. Take a look, i would love to see some feedback here guys!

Here is my Dragon Pendant:
    Material is Violet Purple Polished

7.jpg
    9.jpg

Here is my Finesse ring
    Material Hot Pink Strong & Flexible Polished and White Strong & Flexible Polished

2.jpg
    1.jpg

Here is my Diamond Pendant
    Material Royal Blue Polished

3.jpg

Hot Pink material is really "Hot" . Royal Blue Polished and Violet Purple Polished are very interesting.

2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    The dragon pendant/sculpture looks original.

The ring looks cool and nice.

The diamond ... check google search images to see if an idea it is already done , if done , then try to add to it other 2 ideas and if that 2 ideas are done try adding 3.

:)

3. 510703_deleted
    510703_deleted Active Member
    Thank you Nimarul7 for your comment.

About the diamond pendant, i made that model a few years ago. But you are right, it is a very popular idea.

The cool thing, is after some years i finally can hold it to my hands.

About the material, i think i shouldn't order it polished. Some details are gone and looks more sharp than rounded.

4. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    One problem about polishing , it is mechanical (where it is stated ) and some things like the WSF if you have some nice detail and stuff that stones used to polish will crack details even break the model.

Valid on metals too , think about polishing with your hand that is the "polished silver" and think about raw silver "trow rocks at it" some details will die in the process.