Category Update

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, May 22, 2014.

1. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    In an effort to better categorize and surface products both on and off the Shapeways platform, we have decided to re-arrange a few product categories. You'll notice that Fashion is gone from the navigation tool bar and Accessories has been added. We hope this helps shoppers browse and discover more of your products.

The new "Accessories" category will now contain:
    - Cases
    - Keychains
    - Belts & Buckles
    - Music

"Gadgets" will now include:
    - Robotics

"Games" now includes:
    - Desk Toys

"Miniatures" now includes:
    - Furniture
    and no longer contains "memorabilia"

The best way to get more eyes on your product is to tag it well. Include key words that shoppers may use to surface your product, and words that resonate with the community your product appeals to.

Thanks all! :)

2. wedge
    wedge Member
    *g*
    yes makes sense

3. PrettySmallThings
    PrettySmallThings Active Member
    Awesome to hear!

A way to easily change categories en masse on our products would be much appreciated! The ability to change the description, tags, shop section & category via CSV like most e-commerce sites would be a huge step towards productivity and thorough product listings.

4. PrettySmallThings
    PrettySmallThings Active Member
    On a closer look, it does look like someone on the shapeways backend has done quite a bit of category reassignment for me - many thanks!

Though, my request still stands! More thorough editing possibilities with CSV!

5. Glad you all like it!

PrettySmallThings, we moved all products from the old categories to the new ones :) Noted on need for more bulk categorization options.

Wedge, believe it or not we had a some confusion by not having Furniture labeled as a Miniature!

6. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Good to know we have now a furniture category. So I can do some furniture design in miniature form. Got some chairs ideas and other things!

:)

7. wedge
    wedge Member
    my post was not ironic. I also noted the many furnitures in Miniatures or Miniature furnitures. So the *g*.

Last edited: May 23, 2014