My first 39 designs printed Flawless with no rejections!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by numarul7, Apr 24, 2014.

1. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Waiting the package to arrive!!!

Me happy!!! (10.0000x bold text)

PS: I hope I don`t dream with open eyes! o_O Preparing the caliper for final checks! :D grin grin grin

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    Impressive. Even following the design rules about half of mine get rejected the first time.

3. numarul7
    Nice designs you have there Rofo! I like the boat pendant!

I use some error add +0.3 to the rules , aka ring bands 1.5 mm -> default , pendant loops and hangs 1.5-1.6 mm . General thickness for shell like design range from minimum 1.1/1.2 mm to 1.5 mm.

So I bumped the rules a bit.

And designed all for Hand Polished Brass/Silver/Bronze and WSF rule as base for that bumps.

*all 39 prototypes printed in WSF due financial constrains

Research for ideas took 80% of my time , 10% design modeling in 3D software , and 10% measuring -> this part gave me some unsupportable headaches and no sleep nights.

And I still have some designs on paper drawn for next time , but I think I must split a little time for checking the prototypes and upload the photos and marketing render , another headache job.

Yet I must get used to the basic idea : When you finish something , don`t look back , do something new! And original (thank good to the art books I learn to draw from ... helps this part a bit).

Some will say "research bla bla bla bla bla" , I say : Take a piece of paper , a pen , draw a pendant , now a ring ... have fun! Now check all over the internet if what you did is really original!" Looking at 1000+ images can be hardcore but inspiring in same time.

I did not have a caliper , I bought one , millimeters in real life look different than on screen , and human eyes are error prone.

:D

One nice art book http://www.amazon.com/Perspective-Made-Easy-Dover-Instructio n/dp/0486404730

4. najo98
    najo98 Member
    love your '' Musical G string ring '' Numarul7

5. numarul7
    Glad you love it najo98! :)