Pick your own buttons

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by JohnnyWheatfield, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Spring is here and the cherry blossoms are out. Now you can wear 3-D printed cherry blossoms as buttons!

My Cherry Blossom Swing Buttons arrive packaged as a bunch of six detachable buttons. Each button has individually hinged petals for free movement and a natural appearance. Suitable for use on knitwear, coats and other garments with large button holes (minimum 2.5 cm).
    The unpolished plastic buttons may arrive with joints full of 'synthetic pollen'. If buttons appear seized at first, shaking and flicking the petals will disperse the 'pollen' and loosen joints more quickly.

I'm happy with the way these buttons turned out- hope you like them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1EsAS-Hbc4

cb5_1j.jpg

cb53_j.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  2. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
    These are very lovely. I particularly like that you created them so the petals move.

3. Thanks very much seriaforma.
    Yes, the movement makes these much more interesting to the eye I think.

4. aimeemoyer
    aimeemoyer Shapeways Employee Ecommerce Team
    Oh my gosh, these are beautiful!

5. Thanks Aimee - glad you like them.
    I have recently made a modified version with the petals on springs for smaller buttonholes.
    I'll add a photo to this post soon.

6. EricHo
    EricHo Well-Known Member
    These are great!

7. Thanks Eric

Here are some pictures of my alternative 'safety buttons'. These have petals with a spring type attachment - the petals can be squeezed together to go through a button hole which is smaller than the button. So they are extra safe- they wont become unbuttoned by accident. Do not attempt to unbutton while intoxicated.

CB1_3.png

Last edited: May 3, 2014