Gothic Spaceships!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by afrodri, Jan 12, 2010.

1. afrodri
    afrodri Member
  2. eric1000
    eric1000 Member
    cool idea...

monks with space helmets...
    what a nice idea for a new manga series...

a good home for every space-crusader ...

3. 29108_deleted
    29108_deleted Member
    Great design! This seems a new twist for the imperium Battlefleet Gothic. I like your ideas and envy your skill.

4. afrodri
    afrodri Member
    Thanks all, glad you enjoyed!

I like the Gothic look on things because it has some nice curves and sweeps without being as difficult as a truly organic shape.

5. Inlite
    Inlite Member
    hell yes! I love this style - show me more :D

6. Quite unique...No one escapes the interstellar Spanish Inquisition !!!!

7. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    I definately like these!

-Whystler

8. The ships you all are creating are amazing!! For BFG players, this is a wish come true!! I belong to a few very large group who play Orcs. We have been talking about it from the U.S. to the U.K. And we where hoping if you had any plans to make larger Ork ships?

Cruiser size and the Uber Orc ship of them all....one of their Battleships. I dont know how much you know about BFG, or the Orc culture, but a lot of times they drift thru space on Roks or Space Hulks, which are a collection of detritus that has been pulled in by a small asteroids gravity untill it is a huge mess of ships and asteroids from through the years, that the Orcs somehow fly from planet to planet. I mention these because, that would open up a market for ships that maybe didnt turn out correct in the printer. There is a market, amongst Ork players, for damaged ships while they are building their Space Hulks.

Just a thought. Maybe away to generate more revenue. When it comes to BFG, I have thousands of ideas.

Well, thank you very much for taking the time to read my ramblings. Take care.

Sincerely, A.J. Heiskell

9. __DF__
    __DF__ Member
  10. ProjectMobius
    ProjectMobius Well-Known Member
    I love the main body (the church), For the first ship I was thinking for the two side boosters, instead of just a shape with booster, why not use a tower then have boosters attached to the tower since majority of the ship is made from building parts.

Hope I'm making sense.

Would be nice if you could include the link to the actual models not just your shop, hard to go through so many pages :)

11. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Do you all realize this thread is over 4 years old?

12. ProjectMobius
    ProjectMobius Well-Known Member
    Nope until you mentioned and I saw that AdmiralTarkin bumped this thread back alive

13. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Anyway, you can use the sections to get to the spaceships. And there are other sources (resin & pewter mostly) keeping alive this game. Or alternatives by other makers, that can be used with BFG if you don't like the rules.

14. seriaforma
    seriaforma Well-Known Member
  15. brasskitten
    brasskitten Member
    Wow blast from the past!

Afrodri was actually the one that got me into Shapeways and 3D printing. His ships turned up in a google search 5 years ago and introduced me to the wonders of Shapeways!

So thanks Afrodri =)

16. afrodri
    afrodri Member