DRAGONCHESS (Chess Variant) Pieces

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 512680_deleted, Mar 15, 2014.

1. I am interested in paying you to make pieces of a chess variant I find quite intriguing. The chess variant is named DRAGONCHESS. It was created by Gary Gygax (the creator of Dungeons and Dragons). The variant was introduced in 1985 in Dragon Magazine, issue No. 100. I have searched all over the web and have found no sets for sale. NOTHING!

Here is a list of the pieces:
    -Basilisk (minor)
    -Dwarf
    -Elemental (major; preferably something with an Earth-like design)
    -Cleric (major)
    -King (major)
    -Mage (major)
    -Oliphaunt (minor)
    -Paladin (major)
    -Thief (minor)
    -Unicorn (minor)
    -Warrior (essentially the ordinary Pawn)
    -Hero (minor)
    -Dragon (major)
    -Griffon (minor)
    -Sylph

As you can see there are many pieces. I need someone who can design a 3D image of each piece. Unfortunately, I do not have an initial design for each piece. This will be entirely up to you. I can provide you images I've found on the internet, but that is all. I am hoping that each piece be fairly simple in its appearance (similar to normal chess pieces). I want a player to be able to recognize each piece when playing the game. The design should be symmetrical! Nothing to flamboyant and flashy.

I'm currently not sure what I want the size for each piece to be specifically. I'm hoping this will not be an issue and the size can be adjusted after the 3D design is created. I've labeled the pieces above as either major or minor. I would prefer a minor piece to be 2/3 the size of a major piece and a Warrior, Dwarf, and Slyph to be 1/3 the size of a major piece. Do note that each square of the board will be approximately 2 to 2.5 inches in size. I would like each piece to fit comfortably in its square. I do not want a piece so large it will obstruct another piece in the square adjacent to it. I hope this all makes sense and is appealing to you.

Please contact me if you're interested.

My email is gblong1117@gmail.com. Contact me here or there, it does not matter.

2. johnot
    johnot Well-Known Member
    pm sent sir!