Small stuff wish list

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Youknowwho4eva, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I believe all of these to be small, but would be nice.
    1) I've mentioned this one before, but the ability to delete your own comments would be nice
    2) The ability to edit picture labels without deleting the picture. Kind of used "a" when it should have been "an"
    3) The ability to search through your none private items only. Have a line of items I may never get to put public, but have them there still just in case. But I have to scroll through 6 pages to get to the next public item.

All I can think of for now.

2. afrodri
    afrodri Member

I agree these would be nice. I'd also add to (2) the ability to change the names of shop sections.

3. peterpakulski
    peterpakulski Member
    More a gallery comment than a shop comment, but in shops too:

When searching, I'd like to be able to filter out designs which have never been printed. To be honest, I think that there are a few duds in the database.

It might be nice also to see what material they were printed in. I could search only for metal items for example, or at least items which it is possible to print in metal (by material restriction or wall thickness).

Now if only we could convince every design artist to make the first picture for their item a physical print-out, we would be set!

4. rawkstar320
    rawkstar320 Member
    I like the ideas, im not sure if you notice do not, but you can send items to the front of the list. There are some little arrows under your shop profile settings where you can change the order of items. Kind of a messy fix, but it still sort of works.

5. JediDA
    JediDA Member
    Just one idea I had from dealing with the uploading of my rings, is that it would be really cool if we could upload multiple versions (like sizes) under one item, so that a customer could just choose the size when ordering the item. As of now, the closest I can get is making each item a co-creator item, with size as a variable. Even though I already have most sizes created and just sitting on my computer, Shapeways needs to notify me that someone has ordered a size other than 10, and then I need to upload that file every time. Unless I missed something, and there's a better way already…

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I had suggested the same thing when versioning first came out. They said it sounded like a good idea so hopefully something comes out of it.