Tips on how to make a wired model?

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by barryschulte, Dec 13, 2013.

1. barryschulte
    barryschulte Member
    Hi,

I'am looking for the best and easiest way to make a (open/hollow) wired model of my body or hand. Does anyone has got some tips on how to?... I've searched the web and the forum but I haven't found anything helpfull yet.

hope someone can set me in the right direction.

thanks, Barry

2. bullotsky
    bullotsky Member
    Well, you given us a lot to go off of.

Wired. You mean wireframe or wires like chords in a plug? Or just strings of wires around the body in neat shapes?

Are you a modeler?

If it is a wireframe you are after then this: http://blendersushi.blogspot.com/2012/09/modeling-new-wirefr ame-tool.html

But then you still have to 3D model your hand or body. If you aren't a modeler and do not have access to a 3D scanner, there are people who can model those for you ( like me) although there is an added price. Both models are going to have to be fairly large because of wire details needing to be a certain .mm width.

3. barryschulte
    barryschulte Member
    thanks bullotsky! that was exactly what I was looking for....

I've already got lot's of scans of my own hand so no help needed, but thanks for the offer.

regards Barry

4. bullotsky
    bullotsky Member
    For any metal your wires have to be at least 1.0 mm. For most metals wires are .08mm. For Steel they need to be 3mm.

The plastics are mostly the same if not even thinner.