put inventory on own site?

Discussion in 'Shapeways API' started by 454127_deleted, Nov 28, 2013.

1. I'm developing a site for an existing shop on shapeways, ideally I would like to pull the sections and their models with titles, images, prices etc. is this possible using the API? Does anyone have any examples (I'm not asking someone to do it, just to point me in the right direction)?

Thanks

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I use the Markup CSV file for this purpose.

3. Thanks, thats a great suggestion. A coupkle of further questions though..

1. It is possible to get the images of the models on your site (is this allowed) using the data from the csv?
    2. We have models in multiple sections and the csv does not add any separator between these. I was hoping to build the navigation based on the models in the sections. Is there an alternative way of getting the sections?

Thanks

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    1) If you've got the programming skills, I would suggest that you download a copy of the renders rather than linking back to the image at Shapeways.. some browsers,etc don't like cross-domain links.

For personal use, I download my public shop page(s), and then parse them to get the image file names. Then I use another task to download the images. It works rather well once you get it all coded up.

2) The CSV has within it Column G "shop_sections", but I don't think it holds proper delimiters if your Shop Section Names contain blanks.