Need icons to indicate status of item on model page

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by lensman, Sep 17, 2013.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I would like to see the "My Models" page show little icons with each model to indicate whether the model is Public, Private, For Sale, or Not For Sale.

Here's why: I have a lot of models in my shop. I do a great deal of private work. Sometimes I make that private model publicly available. It can be a real pain dealing with editing model pages with the way Shapeways has it set up: Let's say I'm on page 10 of my models and I want to find out the status of one of the models there. The only way I can do that is to go into the model page itself. Fine. But, then, when backing out of that page I get taken straight back to page 1 at default setting. So now I have to navaigate all the way back to page 10 and do the same thing all over again for the next model on the list. Real pain in the *** that is. If the icons were in place all I'd have to do is go from one page to the next and never have to go into any one model page.

Yes, I know you have buttons to filter the various statuses but this is not ideal and there is still the problem of being bumped back to page 1 whenever an edit is done...

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I agree that it's not "clean", but what I do is right-click and edit the model in a new window. That way you don't lose your place on the search.

Also, depending upon what you're trying to do, just download the Markup CSV.. it tells you whether a model is public or private.

3. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Thanks, yes, that is an option, but I would like to see something a little better.... Oh, well, perhaps it'll be put on that long list somewhere :)