Home » Community » It arrived! » Anatomically Correct Skull
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Anatomically Correct Skull [message #73957] Fri, 30 August 2013 13:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar MuseumofSmallThings  is currently offline MuseumofSmallThings
Go to my shop
Hey,
Back in 2008 or 2009 I uploaded a human skull model I made. The skull has a fully articulated jaw that snaps into the main cranial skull part. I only ever ordered the Jaw as it was the cheapest part. I always intended to order the cranial skull part but was too lazy until just a few weeks ago. So finally the two parts are together now. One thing I noticed though is that the Jaw was more yellow even though I never handled it. I assume this is because of age, exposure to air or possibly the heat of the laser in the sintering process being hotter? Regardless, I am happy with them. I took some photos before much handling makes for a grubby skull.

index.php?t=getfile&id=39571&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=39570&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=39568&private=0

• Attachment: Skull_01.jpg
    (Size: 287.45KB, Downloaded 650 time(s))

• Attachment: Skull_02.jpg
    (Size: 250.26KB, Downloaded 639 time(s))

• Attachment: Skull_03.jpg
    (Size: 331.85KB, Downloaded 632 time(s))

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/most
Re: Anatomically Correct Skull [message #73980 is a reply to message #73957 ] Fri, 30 August 2013 23:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MuseumofSmallThings  is currently offline MuseumofSmallThings
Go to my shop
I forgot to mention that the Skull is 85% life size. I was cost cutting as usual.
Leigh

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/most
Re: Anatomically Correct Skull [message #74124 is a reply to message #73980 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 16:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
85% life-size or 100% life-size of a small individual! Very Happy

Great job, by the way. I've worked with some very rough CT scans - not easy.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Perfect ! Perfect ! But.............
Next Topic:Desktop Gargoyle in Alumide

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.