Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 327012_deleted, Jul 10, 2013.

1. I can't figure out how to put up a pic as my avatar? The generic "blockhead" is actually appropriate! My name is Jeff Block and have a lifetime of being called "blockhead".

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    "Settings" in the avatar menu (top right), then click on "Profile" in the menu bar. This should bring up a page with
    the default avatar picture. When you hover over the picture, a small blue "Edit" box should appear near the top right
    of the image. Clicking on the image should open a local file dialog to upload your image. If this does not work, try with
    a different browser if possible.

3. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Yep, i find the "only my email address" thing confusing as well - point is, this is only the first in what
    is supposed to look like a series of tabs - you must click on the "Profile" option in the menu bar above the
    email address.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    If you click on settings, you'll be taken to your profile menu (notice neither Shop nor Make + Sell are selected) from there click on the menu Profile. You should be able to edit your avatar from there.

6. Got it! - but with IE downloading the pic did not work - switched to Mozilla and it downloaded fine.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    It's hard to make all browsers happy :)

I believe that is a known bug with IE.

8. Schermafbeelding 2013-09-04 om 17.49.54.png

It also doesn't work in Safari on my iMac. After clicking on "edit" simply nothing happens...

9. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    I switched to Google Chrome (from IE) to get photos to upload, even on model pages.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. If something basic like uploading a picture doesn't work here with two major browsers (Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Apple's Safari) then this is not a "known browser bug" but it becomes a Shapeways bug.

11. Youknowwho4eva
    It appears from reports, there may be a new issue. Follow this thread for updates.