I can not import my blender file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 337836_deleted, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Since I have learn Blender, I created plenty of files that I do not use. I am not sure how to delete them to organize my work. Yesterday realized that I can not export my projects properly. The system allows me to press "export as STL", but when it come to import the same project from another documents, the only thing that export is the center orange point (sorry I am new to Blender terminology).

I also tried to upload the file to Netfabb - and I am getting a message "invalid STL file C:name of my folder", and when I upload it to Shapeways, I am getting an error message "Geometry not found".

I also encounter a problem that I am not able to add an object to my existing file (like text or mesh shape). Should I reinstall Blender? and If I do, will my stl files disappear?

Is there anything I can do to save my projects. I don't want to lose my work.

thank you

Aga

2. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hi Aga,

first off, the STL and .blend files are probably stored separately from Blender. You should be able to reinstall it without a problem.

I'm not quite sure though what the issue is with your exported files. Could you upload one here so we can take a look at it? In my experience it should work fine. One thing to look out for though is that I believe that Blender will only export the models that you have currently selected. If in doubt, press A to select everything and then export again.

Cheers,

Bart