Ring design, tricks to attaching mesh objects? (3ds max)

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by 382137_deleted, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Hey all,

I was trying to find this info on the site but it seems all the image links are busted. I am looking at doing some ring and pendant designs but not sure about attaching the ring body (the over the finger part) to the object that is going to be the focus point of the ring.

Basically I have a few ring templates I have created for the various finger sizes and then when I design the object for the ring I am going to attach them. I was just wondering from others experience in using 3ds Max for Shapeways if you have had dramas printing when combing poly objects.

From what I understand, my workflow would be to have the 'ring' and the design piece as editable polys, attach them and then weld some verts from the ring to the base of the object so my mesh is all one piece with no overlapping polys?

I was looking for some ring design tips but couldnt see a tutorial or guide specific to this.

Can anyone help me with some tips or experiences when it comes to attaching different objects together to prepare for printing.

Thanks.

S.