Home »  » 3D Printing » materials FAQ
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
materials FAQ [message #285] Tue, 22 July 2008 15:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar rgc  is currently offline rgc
Go to all my models
Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I can't find a description of the various materials. I'm guessing 'White Strong & Flexible' is stronger and more flexible and has less detail than 'White Detail' but maybe there is more to it than that (and the small price differences).

-
Re: materials FAQ [message #286 is a reply to message #285 ] Tue, 22 July 2008 17:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
rgc,

I'm sorry you did not easily find our "materials" page. Tomorrow I'll sit with some colleagues to go through how we can make that page easier to find.

This is the link to the page that gives you more information about the different materials:

http://www.shapeways.com/about/material-options

Should this not be sufficient, please tell me and I will explain it in more detail.

Joris
Re: materials FAQ [message #287 is a reply to message #286 ] Tue, 22 July 2008 20:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rgc  is currently offline rgc
Go to all my models
that's exactly what i was looking for, sorry i couldn't find it either. i'm awful at UI design, so i won't try to help suggest a better place for it. thanks.
Re: materials FAQ [message #292 is a reply to message #285 ] Wed, 23 July 2008 08:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gigatony  is currently offline gigatony
Go to all my models
Hi, (more) info about minimal thickness would also be welcome (I think).. especially for people with a tight budget Wink
Re: materials FAQ [message #293 is a reply to message #285 ] Wed, 23 July 2008 09:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thats a good idea also. We will add this as soon as we can.
Re: materials FAQ [message #315 is a reply to message #285 ] Thu, 24 July 2008 14:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar freeone  is currently offline freeone
Go to all my models
One question: is there any of the materials which gets liquid under high temperature? Because without it, it's very difficult (for me) to make a metal object from it. Cool
Re: materials FAQ [message #316 is a reply to message #315 ] Thu, 24 July 2008 14:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Freeone,

The White Detail and White Transparent materials have melting points which are quite low.

All of our current materials are plastics so have comparatively low melting points.

But, If I understand you correctly your ultimate goal is to print a metal object?

Re: materials FAQ [message #382 is a reply to message #316 ] Sat, 26 July 2008 17:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar freeone  is currently offline freeone
Go to all my models
My target is, to finally make a cast metal object. If there is a plastic stage before that, who cares:) Anyway, thanks for the answer, i know what i wanted to know..

[Updated on: Sat, 26 July 2008 17:21 UTC]

Re: materials FAQ [message #561 is a reply to message #293 ] Mon, 04 August 2008 11:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar speedevil  is currently offline speedevil
Go to all my models
It'd be interesting (for me at least) to have a small sample of each available material.
Perhaps a small item, with minor differences, made with each process?
Re: materials FAQ [message #563 is a reply to message #285 ] Mon, 04 August 2008 11:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
We'll look into this. Right now we have some small objects on the site but nothing suitably tiny so you can order samples on the cheap. We'll see if we can cook up something.
Re: materials FAQ [message #575 is a reply to message #563 ] Mon, 04 August 2008 15:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar janis  is currently offline janis
Go to all my models
White Strong and Flexible Strength: Highest

mm.. can there also put the kN/mm≤ values in it.. how strong it really is.

are there coming more materials? like flexible that can be put on a UTP cable?

and is it possible that you can put the color black in the product.. because if it's pained it will not be nice..

groetjes..
Re: materials FAQ [message #576 is a reply to message #575 ] Mon, 04 August 2008 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Janis, we do have those values, and we will add them to the next version of the materials page.

It is more flexible than a metal sping. I'm not sure if it is comparable to UTP.

We are working on a lot of new materials and colors and will update on that soon.
Re: materials FAQ [message #603 is a reply to message #285 ] Tue, 05 August 2008 07:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar janis  is currently offline janis
Go to all my models
maybe also bolling point when it's start to melt..
Re: materials FAQ [message #604 is a reply to message #603 ] Tue, 05 August 2008 07:29 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Good idea!

Previous Topic:Error
Next Topic:Interlocking Rings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.