Home » Community » Introductions » Gidday mate!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gidday mate! [message #67438] Sat, 04 May 2013 15:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar saurusdesign  is currently offline saurusdesign
Go to my shop
Hi All,

Danny from Australia here, first post on the forum, I'm not much of a forum person however when I like a place I'll try and join in and help when and where I can.
Long time Designer/3d modeller, short time Shapy, known about and experienced 3d printing back in the late 80's when they only had Stereolithography 3d printing to produce prototypes for the manufacturing industries costing a few thousand dollars for a single prototype, it's great to see it evolve using different methods, like FDM, SLS and even paper, and at an affordable price too, not only to get things printed but to actually own your own desktop 3d printer is awesome.

So far it's been a great experience here on Shapeways, great site BTW, some of the stuff that people have been producing is amazing and inspirational. Just opened my first online shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/saurus it's nerving and exciting at the same time. At first I uploaded my models for personal printing projects then seeing all the other shops I thought, what the heck there's no harm in offering my work to the public, if someone purchases one of my pieces great! if not, I'm still happy to be here and do what I enjoy doing, designing and modelling.

Cheers
Danny

[Updated on: Mon, 06 May 2013 09:22 UTC]

Re: Gidday mate! [message #67523 is a reply to message #67438 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 12:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome! Your product description has already caught some attention Wink. Love the way you showed how to assemble.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Gidday mate! [message #67533 is a reply to message #67523 ] Mon, 06 May 2013 14:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar saurusdesign  is currently offline saurusdesign
Go to my shop
Thanks Michael! Thought I'd make the iPhone cover 'colour customizable' instead of sticking with one colour. I think it works out 56 possible colour combinations with the colour choices, correct me if I'm wrong, that's why the detailed instructions.

Cheers
Danny

Previous Topic:Good Times.
Next Topic:Hello I'm a newbie !!!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.