Home » Support » 3D Design » Engraving help!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  Engraving help! [message #67016] Sun, 28 April 2013 20:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar sunsun88  is currently offline sunsun88
Go to all my models
Hi, so I made a heart object on 3DS Max and would like to engrave a logo into the heart. Does anyone know of good tutorial websites to do this (or can show me how)? If there are step-by-step photos, that would be perfect since I'm still a beginner. This is for an anniversary present for my fiance Smile Please let me know! Thank you!

Re: Engraving help! [message #67021 is a reply to message #67016 ] Sun, 28 April 2013 23:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
To engrave that image into the surface, the elements of the fingerprint will need to be large enough to meet the "Minimum Detail" requirements.
Translation: how large do you want the final item to be?
Do you want the engraving to be in just one area, or do you want to encompass the full surface of the item?

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Engraving help! [message #67026 is a reply to message #67021 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 02:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar sunsun88  is currently offline sunsun88
Go to all my models
I'd like the final item to be around 2 x 1 inches, and for the logo to cover 1 entire side of the heart. Do you think that's possible? I wanted to make it using 3DS Max (the engraving in the object), and then to make it with Shapeways.

Previous Topic:Making WSF hollow
Next Topic:Enclosed gearbox in wsf

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.