Pricing in euros

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aleksandar, Apr 19, 2013.

1. aleksandar
    aleksandar Well-Known Member
    Hello,

may I know the prices of the materials in euros?
    thank you

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    If you set your address as a European Nation, you should see prices in Euros.

3. aleksandar
    Both my shipping and billing addresses are in France, do I miss some extra field?

4. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    I think maybe addk2 is referring to the prices on the Materials Comparison sheet, i.e. the price per cm3.

5. aleksandar
    Yes, I do mean this, pardon

6. aleksandar
    I have a grasshopper definition that reports me the price of the model based on every change I do on the design. I would like to set the values properly once :)

7. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Current workaround: select "Edit" on one of your models - then the current exchange rate used by shapeways
    is printed under the "Select Materials" heading.

8. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    There is no "once". The exchange rate will change every now and then, so you will have to readjust the price periodically. And you will get paid in dollars anyway.

The exchange rate was and is computable (give or take due to rounding) by knowing shipping is fixed in dollars.

9. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Everything in Shapeways is stored in Dollars, calculated in Dollars etc and converted as needed.

To get the euro equivalent I am afraid you will have to do a conversion - in the simplest instance Google can do this, e.g.

type in the search box: 2.99 usd to eur

Otherwise you will have to make a spreadsheet or program and access the correct rate.

The good news is that the rate never changes by that much, so once you have calculated the equivalents once you will have a good idea of the costs in euros. Unless your models are very big the exchange rate fluctuations will only mean a difference of a few cents at any one time.

Also related:

- because all prices are stored in dollars, the prices of your models in your shop and the amount of the markup will change with the exchange rate;
    - I cannot 100% be sure but I think that the price of silver changes over time because of the raw material cost.

Good luck!

10. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    I use this plugin. This is for Firefox, but I'm sure other browsers have similar plugins.

I use US dollars, so let's say I go to Amazon France, this is how it looks through my browser:
    [​IMG]

I can toggle it off and on too and when I turn it off it goes back to the original page:
    [​IMG]

Here's how the settings page looks:
    [​IMG]

It converts to most currencies from USD, GBP, EUR and RUB and It's fairly accurate since it automatically checks the exchange rate every five minutes.

11. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey all,

thanks for bringing that up, I have shared your discussion with our product team.

@UniverseBecoming that's a great plugin, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Bart